Sunday, December 16, 2012

Predictable.

I have returned with news of the world.  The magically vanishing 26-year old girl has resurfaced.  She waited until the end of the weekend before writing me back.  I had honestly written her off, but apparently she hasn't given up yet.

She wrote me back and apologized for taking so long, then launched into a speech about how much she thinks about me and wants us to be together and blah, blah, blah.  Here's what normal, intelligent people think at this point: Why is she so attached (supposedly) to me when we have not even seen each other?  I have known this girl for maybe 2 or 3 weeks and she already wants to move in with me.  How does that make sense in any way?

Now here's the predictable part.

In one of my letters I asked her exactly how much money we were talking about for me to 'fund' her coming up here to me.  She just wrote me back.  She says $500.  To drive her car from New Jersey to New York. Yeah.  Right.  We will be working something else out.  I think I am going to go see her in person.  A Greyhound bus will cost me maybe $50, and I can get this whole mess straightened out.  My way.

I am not stupid.  I am betting that she will come up with some excuse to keep me from going down there.  If not, then this might be on the level.

I think not, though.

Ross.

No comments:

Post a Comment